Sunday, September 22, 2013

[Books] P.S I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Sept 10 - 18, 2013

Synopsis 

Childhood sweethearts, they could finish each other's sentences and even when they fought, they laughed. No one could imagine Holly and Gerry without each other.

Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry's death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He's left her a bundle of notes, gently guiding Holly into her new life without him, each note signed 'PS, I Love You'.

As the notes are gradually opened, and as they year unfolds, Holly is both cheered up and challenged. The man who knows her better than anyone sets out to teach her that life goes on. With some help from her friends, and her noisy and loving family, Holly finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing — and being braver than ever before.

Life is for living, she realizes — but it always helps if there's an angel watching over you.

Review

My first Cecelia Ahern novel and it wasn't a disappointment.

Holly has lost her husband and she's been having a hard time getting out of her grieving stage and back on her feet. Her husband Gerry, left her a list of things do to after he'd died, and I believe it was such a great way of closure for Holly. Go Gerry!

I expected this book to be sad and filled with sobs but I thought wrong. It was funny and there were literally times when I would burst out laughing. And Yes it was a bit sad at the beginning and the mention of death depressed me, but the characters were filled with so much wit and bluntness, it made the book so much brighter.

The main character Holly, poor thing, had lost her husband and her time of grieving saddened me so much into almost tears. It sounds weird to me but I enjoyed seeing how she picks herself up again (no idea why that sounds weird) and how she went back to being her better self just because of those letters that was sent by her dead husband Gerry. 

This different way of closure after someone close to you had passed inspires me to make my own list for those around me, or maybe just that one person. xD

What else can I say about this book, it is sad but the sadness was overlapped by laughs and sweet hopeful smiles towards the end. It's a great book for anyone to enjoy. If you're into romance and self-help books that will help you become a better you, this book may inspire you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!