Monday, May 27, 2013

[Food] Pomodorini


More food posts!

After a toastmaster meeting, a bunch of us decided to have Pomodorini. 
I've tried their food before but ordered take out, I never really went in the restaurant until now. 

They had no customers when we entered the restaurant, well being 10pm on a weekday in Bahrain, most people are home just chilling. 

The staff was very nice to us and made us welcome. 


On the wall they had this beautiful wallpaper of Venice and Rome. I couldn't stop staring at it.


Moving on to the orders. I was very happy that they had bruschetta. It has become one of my most favorite italian starters recently, so I had to order it. 

What's funny was that we all attacked the bruschetta before I could snap a photo of it. So I just took a shot of the side of the dish that was untouched by anyone. 

The bruschetta was shaped like a pizza, and not with the regular french bread for the base. It was more of a pizza bruschetta topped with the regular ingredients, tomato, basil, some spices, etc. It was good. The tomato was cold and fresh while the base was warm. I enjoyed it but I felt like something was missing that would've made it delicious. Plus it is large portioned good enough for 4-5 people. 


I ordered their Farfalle Al Romana, it is a bow tie pasta with chicken, brocoli and a light creamy sauce. When I took that first bite expecting to imagine fireworks like the scenes in ratatouille, I got a "mmm" just a "mmm". The dish was good. The pasta was well cooked, the sauce was creamy, with a dash of tanginess to it and the brocoli added a great crunch and flavor to it. It was a good dish, but I thought there was too much going on in the dish that I can't understand, it tasted like an overwhelming sensation of ingredients that were added into the sauce, but it wasn't unpleasant. I liked the dish but it wasn't as good as their other dishes. 

Over all the restaurant was great, great ambiance and friendly staff! I would totally come back and try their other stuff. 


Adliya, Bahrain 
(Close to Fuddruckers, Costa Coffee, Kudu) 
Delivery no. (+973)1700 0121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!