Thursday, January 10, 2013

[Books] Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin

Goodreads

Started on: January 4, 2013
Finished on: January 10, 2013

Synopsis

The smash-hit debut novel for every woman who has ever had a complicated love-hate friendship.

Now A Major Motion Picture - In Theaters May 6th

Rachel White is the consummate good girl. A hard-working attorney at a large Manhattan law firm and a diligent maid of honor to her charmed best friend Darcy, Rachel has always played by all the rules. Since grade school, she has watched Darcy shine, quietly accepting the sidekick role in their lopsided friendship. But that suddenly changes the night of her thirtieth birthday when Rachel finally confesses her feelings to Darcy's fiance, and is both horrified and thrilled to discover that he feels the same way. As the wedding date draws near, events spiral out of control, and Rachel knows she must make a choice between her heart and conscience. In so doing, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk everything to be true to yourself.

Review


Rachel and Darcy have be the best of friends since they were kids. Darcy has always been the perfect one, who wanted to be better than everyone but in the end she always puts her friends first. Rachel is the one who always puts herself down and basically doesn't have much confidence in herself. Years later, Darcy gets engaged to Rachel's good friend from law school, Dexter/Dex. It's Rachels birthday and some how, Rachel confesses her feelings to Dex and one thing led to another, they wake up naked in her bed the next morning.

I was initially excited to start this book. It was a book that I really wanted to read at some point, so I did. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just wasn't that into it but then my eyes just couldn't stop reading it. xD Lol

As I got to through the book, I got really annoyed at the characters. Darcy is just all about herself, she tries to make everything about herself, she lies to make herself better than others, and I'm just annoyed at her. I know the second book; Something Blue, is about her, I don't know how to deal with that, but she'll be the main character so I guess it'll be different.

Rachel annoyed me towards the middle and end of the book. It really seems like she has no confidence in herself at all! And she's very very naive.

The storyline is new to me; book wise , but I did watch the movie before I read the book. There are times as I was reading when I wanted to just close the book and stop reading. It just seems so dramatic for me... and I enjoy watching gossip girl. I don't know whats wrong with me.


1 comment:

  1. I think I'll pass on this one, I can't stand annyong characters :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!