Thursday, July 5, 2012

[Book, Review] Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Started: June 24, 2012
Ended: July 4, 2012


Summary
The most tragic love story in history . . .
Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.
"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
"--Romeo and Juliet" by William Shakespeare

Review
I cannot believe I took a week and 4 days to finish this book. I have not read a good book in so long; I was surprised that I was taking so long to finish it.

Juliet Immortal, a modern book of what really happened with Romeo and Juliet. It is my first book written by Stacey Jay. I thought the story line was very original, I really adored reading about Romeo and Juliet, and it has always been my favorite pieces of Shakespeare.

The book cover is Juliet sitting on a hill by the sea. I do not know how that incorporated with the book. It’s a beautiful cover of course, a great stock photo and the bright red dress. It was beautiful. But I still don’t know how that has to do with the book. I always like a book cover that says something about the contents of the book.

Ambassadors and Mercenaries, two households that has a problematic history. Just like the Capulet and Montigue families. I found it very pleasing that Jay used the basis of Romeo and Juliet to write the book. Not only using the characters but also using the story like that was forgotten, the dispute between the Capulate and the Montigue family. 

The Mercenaries are kind of gross, because they jump into dead people’s bodies. It’s just disgusting. Zombies are gross. Because of this book I slightly hate Romeo, because he can be such a fool and an arse most of the times, and sometimes a stalker-pervert person. I just found it creepy.

I loved the ending. I absolutely loved it. I’m so happy that Juliet got another chance at true love with her true soul mate, BEN. And that Romeo got a second chance to redeem himself and correct his mistakes. Hence, the second book Romeo Redeemed. Even though I found Romeo annoying at times but he actually makes the book stimulating and exciting by being irrational and imprudent.

All in all, Juliet Immortal was a fabulous book. I recommend it to all the YA readers out there and to those who love Romeo and Juliet. I cannot wait to get Romeo Redeemed; I know it’ll be as good as Juliet Immortal. 


★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!