Thursday, June 7, 2012

[Books, Review] Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade

Goodreads
Started on May 29, 2012
Finished on June 6, 2012

Synopsis

After being sent back from the light, Alona Dare - former homecoming queen, current Queen of the Dead - finds herself doing something she never expected: working. Instead of spending days perfecting her tan by the pool (her typical summer routine when she was, you know, alive), Alona must now cater to the needs of other lost spirits. By her side for all of this - ugh - “helping of others” is Will Killian: social outcast, seer of the dead, and someone Alona cares about more than she’d like.

Before Alona can make a final ruling on Will’s “friend” or “more” status, though, she discovers trouble at home. Her mom is tossing out Alona’s most valuable possessions, and her dad is expecting a new daughter with his wicked wife. Is it possible her family is already moving on? Hello! She’s only been dead for two months! Thankfully, Alona knows just the guy who can put a stop to this mess.

Unfortunately for Alona, Will has other stuff on his mind, and Mina, a young (and beautiful) seer, is at the top of the list. She’s the first ghost-talker Will’s ever met—aside from his father—and she may hold answers to Will’s troubled past. But can she be trusted? Alona immediately puts a check mark in the “clearly not” column. But Will is - ahem - willing to find out, even if it means leaving a hurt and angry Alona to her own devices, which is never a good idea.

Packed with romance, lovable characters, and a killer cliffhanger, Queen of the Dead is the out-of-this-world sequel to The Ghost and the Goth.


Review

Queen of the dead is the second edition to The Ghost and the Goth series. After the first book, I straight on picked up the second one since it was the next on my to-read list. The first book being an easy read, I expected the second edition would be too, which it was. And I have to be honest here, I kind of just skimmed through the whole book, but I did read it. It was as funny and as witty as the first book. I would always have the drive to read and pick it up, and if I've been less busy, I would have finished it in less than a week. 

The story line for this book was all right. I found it okay, it wasn’t much of an “OMG what’s going to happen next” book. It was more of an "Oh, that happened. Alright" 

Throughout the whole book, the only best part I liked was the ending. How Alona went into Lily’s body to save both herself and Lily. Since Alone and Lily are one; Ally (Alona & Lily) and Will can now perhaps maybe get together, for read. Who knows, maybe this is the way the 'light' wants to replay Alona for saving Lily by giving her another chance.  There are loads of questions coming up.

The cover looks great as always. I love the pink in it; it looks like cotton candy.  

The book, all in all was good. I would recommend it to any preteen who enjoys reading. It’s a great young adult book. I cannot wait to read the next book.

★★★★

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this series. Interesting concept, and I like when you're ready to rush out and buy the next in the series right away (as long as it's out because waiting is agonizing!).
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!