Friday, June 22, 2012

[Books, Review] Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom

Synopsis
High school senior Justina Griffith was never the girl who dreamed of going to prom. Designer dresses and strappy heels? Not her thing. So she never expected her best friend, Ian Clark, to ask her. Ian, who promised her the most amazing night at prom. And then ditched her.

Review
Prom, a time when Junior and Senior high school students gather to dance and have fun. For some schools, it's the party of the year. I remember my prom. It wasn't as spectacular as I imagined it to be, but it was alright.

This book reminded me of my prom back in 2007 & 2008. I had 2 proms. At the beginning of the book, I felt as it this book was going to be so interesting and fun to read. It did turn out to be interesting and fun. But what I really don't like about it, is that there were multiple opportunities where Justina could've made her prom night the greatest night of her life, but I believe that she was so dense at times to even realize that and I think she over reacted a little when she thought that Ian ditched her. I didn't really like the main character, Justina very much.

What I did like about it was how the book was written. Telling the story through the stains on Justina's dress. It was very original. The book cover was so much like the book, plus the pages of my edition had the Justina in her prom dress showing each stain while she tells her story.

The book was alright. It was an easy read, but I have to be honest, I sort of skimmed at a few chapters because Justina wouldn't get to the point of her story.

The story line was good, very original. I would recommend this book to any preteen or teen out there who enjoys reading short love stories.

★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!